Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Quest to Find Tom Hanks

First, Happy International Tom Hanks Day!
Tom Hanks has been in NYC to shoot for his new movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (with Sandra Bullock).  And as most of you already know, I may be a little obsessed with him, so I've been trying to keep track of where he's shooting each day.  But here's the problem - they don't let the public know these things in advance (you know, to protect him from those crazy stalkers...) so I feel like I just keep barely missing him. 

I found out Monday night that he had been shooting all day at 21st and Broadway, just FIVE BLOCKS from where I work.  So Tuesday morning I got up early and checked it out... but no sign of them.  I walked by after work, too, just in case, but no luck.  And then I found out yesterday that he had shot the last two days in Central Park!  *sigh*  I really don't mean to seem like a stalker, but if I don't at least try to see him while he's so close I'll never forgive myself.  Wish me luck, because he's not gone yet... so I'm not giving up :)