Things I miss from home...
-food. real food. from a kitchen. made on a stove or in the oven.
-space. for clothes, shoes, coats, books, food, a sock monkey, myself, and my sanity.
-a refrigerator that's larger than a hamster cage.
-did I mention food?
-my clothes. I've worn the same 8 outfits for 68 days now.
-nice people. Are friendly salesclerks/waiters a Midwestern thing... or just a non-New Yorker thing?
-nature. I know I pretend to be allergic to "the outdoors" once in a while, but I really do like nature. And now I miss it terribly. I don't like concrete.
Things I'm going to miss from the city...
-Banush plain cheesecake. Cream-colored heaven on a plate.
-$2.50 NY style huge slices of pizza just a block away.
-an excuse to go buy said pizza slices three (or more) times a week.
-cinnamon raisin Europan bagels, toasted with cream cheese.
-a never-ending list of things I want to see or do in the area.
-keeping an eye out for famous people.
-Central Park.
-the cute restaurant in Little Italy with the best $7.50 lasagna I've ever had.